After 9 months of operating under a Charter, we were awarded our Washington State approved Articles of Incorporation June 1958.
The Evanovich dream really took off and a “winner” was born. In 1962 we moved to the larger quarters of the Fortnightly Hall. In 1964 the Club purchased that hall to make a permanent home for the Gig Harbor Yacht Club. Within 20 years however, yet a larger home was needed. In the summer of 1988 we sold the Fortnightly Hall and began looking for a larger permanent home.
During this interim, meetings were in the Eagles Club in Gig Harbor and we held social events at Port Orchard Yacht Club.
In 1991 Commodore Walt Sikora opened the September general meeting in our current clubhouse.
Fall of 1991, a group of Past Commodores donated and installed the flag pole outside clubhouse entrance. There was a plaque prepared dedicating the flag pole and our new clubhouse with the following inscription:
“To the cooperative spirit that characterizes the Gig Harbor Yacht Club”
The Gig Harbor Yacht Club celebrated its 60th anniversary during the September 29, 2017 TGIF social event.